Currently GIRD is working under the GIZ funded program Social and economic inclusion of extremely poor IDPs and host communities in Puntland, Somalia (SEIPP). The project aims to deliver a graduate program initiative that would empower the young women and men who are among the extremely poor host community and IDPs inhabitant in Garowe town in Nugaal region of Puntland state of Somalia to find solutions to the challenges their country is facing, and support their long term resilience, sustainable development, inclusion and social integration.
- Training infrastructure with a cohort of locally based trainers
- Training methodologies and know how relating to business development
- Labor market entry and a focus on certified training provision;
- Financial instruments for boosting micro business start-ups and scale up
- Psychosocial support
- Creating links between existing financial institutions to business start-ups
- Formation of Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA’s) and capacity building
- Support for micro enterprise, especially those providing livelihoods for women and small scale infrastructures to boost economic activity
- Strengthened stakeholder capacity and networks especially between public and private sector bodies and with civic society organizations
- Ensuring better access for women and marginalized group.